Lead-in and global reading of Text A
2. oral report
Detailed study of Text A
Study of Text B
Science and Technology
Brainstorming and summarizing
1. Group discussion:
2. Pair work: The role of science and technology in our life
The role of science and technology in modern life
Theme analysis and words instruction:
of text A
Exercises and Study of Text B
Review text A & B
The Characteristics of EST Style
analysis of the characteristics of EST in vocabulary, in grammar, and in discourse
Design an issue of latest newsletter on “Science and Technology”.
Unit 3 Important Figures
A Very Precious Queen
Queen Elizabeth II in my eye
Free discussion : The Most Important Figure in My Mind
The Father of the Green Revolution
Unit 4 Literature
About “Three Days to See”
Reflection of Text A: What If I Were Blind?
Role Play: Helen Keller & Her Teacher
Topic Writing: A Book That Influenced Me Most
Topic Writing: Value of Self-Reliance Among Post-young People
1. Having a good understanding of Barrack Obama and his victory speech in 2009 and 2012
2. Knowing the ideas transmitted in the victory speech respectively.
Summarize the similarities and differences of Obama’s victory speech in 2009 and in 2012
Speech appreciation and delivery
1. Having a good understanding of both linguistic and extra-linguistic features in speech delivery.
2. Having an introduction of expository writing.
Deliver a well-prepared speech on a given topic.
Text analysis and key words
Theme analysis and words instruction
1.Analyze the structure of text A
2. Sentence making:
Text B and Exercises
1. Having a gist of text B and getting to know some words of importance.
2. Finishing all the exercises with the emphasis on figures of speech.
1.visit some websites and find out at least 5 English speeches delivered by some well-known figures. 2. Speech analysis
Unit 6 Cyberspace
Having an clear awareness of what is cyberspace, cloud and internet.
list some relevant words regarding Cloud and its impacts upon your life.
1. Having the discussion about the advantages and disadvantages of cloud.
2. Giving an introduction of writing an argumentation.
1.analyze the structure of text A
2. Sentence making
2. Finishing all the exercises
Share the impacts of modern technology with your peers.
The world Economy：Self-induced Sluggishness
1. Having a good understanding of the world economy, and be familiar with the basic terms and chunks concerning the world economy.
2. Talk about the reasons accounting for the continued sluggishness of the world economy.
Matching the economic terms or expressions A with the appropriate definitions in column B.
The world Economy：Self-induced
Please write a summary of text A.
Reading comprehension and Vocabulary exercises
Let’s Be Less Productive
Sample abstracts writing and analysis
1. write a composition on the topic: On the sustainable development of the world economy
Oral discussion and new words learning
Text appreciation and structure analysis
Text B and the exercises in the textbook
Summary of the text A and Text B, and the writing part—resume\ CV
Unit 9 Culture
Brainstorming and vocabulary learning
Appreciation of the text A
Text B and exercises in the textbook
Self-study and testing
Conclusion of the text A and B and the knowledge of the English writing-- a research proposal
And after-study reflection
Unit10 World Events
Text A Background information and structure analysis
1. the UK;
2. Monarchy and Queen Elizabeth II;
grasp the thorough discourse of the text
Understanding of Text A
Translation exercise in Text A
Text B & Oral Presentation
Oral presentation analysis and evaluation before making an oral presentation.
Write an essay and compare the Beijing Olympics and London Olympics.